Expression Dance – Terms and Conditions
Fee Policies & Procedures
By signing the enrolment form, you agree to pay the nominated fees for that term. The term of classes starts on the date noted in the enrolment form and generally corresponds to the same dates of the typical New Zealand school term.
Fees must be paid in the first two weeks of the term unless another payment method has been arranged with the office (e.g. fortnightly payments). There is a $20 late penalty for fees not paid by the second Saturday of each term. If fees are unpaid, the relevant enrolment may be revoked. We can use any debt collection agency to recover any unpaid fees at your cost.
Refund Policies & Procedures
If a student must withdraw from their enrolment, a full refund is only available if this occurs within the first 2 weeks of the term. After the first 2 weeks, partial refunds may be available at the discretion of Expression Dance. Please note that a student must be absent for 3 consecutive weeks and the office must have been notified for Expression Dance to consider any refund request.
No make-up classes or refunds are given for classes that fall on statutory holidays.
All students must be appropriately dressed for class, with correct foot wear. Students may be unable to participate in class if the class teacher considers they are inappropriately dressed for health and safety purposes.
All students should bring their own water bottle to class.
Health and Safety Policy
Please see [expressiondance.nz] for the full Health and Safety Policy. For any injuries and first aid needs:
- Expression Dance aims to provide a safe environment to reduce the risk of injury. It should however be recognised that dance by its very nature carries a risk of injury or accident.
- Class teachers will inform participants of suitable clothing/footwear in advance and will check on the day.
- It is the responsibility of the student, parent/guardian to notify the class teacher in the event of an existing injury or medical condition prior to class.
- A basic first aid kit is kept in the studio at all times and a trained first aider will usually be available. No medication will be dispensed to students.
- Injuries during class must be reported to the class teacher. For minor/less serious injuries, it will be the parent/guardian’s responsibility to decide whether their child needs medical attention. If serious then an ambulance will be called and the parent/guardian notified.
Expression Dance is not liable for any personal injury sustained or any loss or damage of personal property whilst on the premises.
All choreography taught in class is the intellectual property of Expression Dance and cannot be used without Expression Dance’s consent.
It is not permitted to photograph or video students in class or at any concerts. Parents/caregivers are able to film their own child in class when the class teacher advises (this will only be during an open rehearsal).
Expression Dance has the sole discretion to dismiss a student. The bases for dismissal include breach of these Terms and Conditions, breach of Expression Dance’s Health and Safety Policy that jeopardises the safety of other class members or the class teacher, willful damage to property or disruption of classes.